Thursday, March 27, 2008

Art on Canvas


I was in Michael's one day and noticed they sell pre-gesso'd board canvases in several sizes. I looked at these for a long time, closely inspecting the surface and the various sizes. I have NO idea what was going thru my head during this process, but I bought a 3-pack of the 5 x 7 size. Three months ago it would never have dawned on me to work on canvas.


Today I made this piece for the gentleman who made the beautiful work counter in the salon. I wanted to thank him and at the same time show him how great this workspace is for me.


"Merci Beucoup (sp?) from me to you" uses background paper from 7 gypsies, painted over with acrylic paint. The quote is also from 7 gypsies, a set of awesome stickers about life. Chipboard buttons are from making memories; rub on letter from Basic Grey, onto Heidi Swapp burgundy chipboard circle. The Eiffel Tower metal pieces are from ??, didn't write it down :(. Fibers are from Adornments.


Peace.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Hi Gaye! I love the way this canvas piece came out. I know your carpenter will love it. The colors are perfect and I like how you used the text and the actual photo of the work he did for you.

Dragonlady said...

hi Gaye, I am sure this thank you gift will be well received...I like it very much...
Brenda

(member of the altered stART group)