Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Bird Party






Recently my online Altered Art group had a 'Spring 'theme chunky book swap/collaboration. We were to create 4 x 4 pages with a spring theme, the only restriction being not to use stickers. I don't seem to use many stickers these days anyway, don't know what's up with that as I have many and I do like them?!


I had never made 4 x 4's prior to this, and for awhile my muse was asleep as to what to do. Then she woke up! She helped me come up with some fantasy birds, for lack of a better term. I created the birds, the phrases, and the 'party' settings. Before I knew it I had 15 different birds!


I am posting 5 of them here. The backgrounds are (mostly) crumpled tissue, birds use paper scraps from various sources, bird legs are from a stamp set by Stampendous, glitter is from Crayola glitter glue pens (!! SCORE !!), and embellishments vary.


Hope you like these birds, they are VERY FUN to create, and they will return in various guises.


Peace ;)

3 comments:

~*~Patty said...

Your birdies are SO playful and fun, wonderful colors and textures you've got going on - too funny "are these wings too small" Love the 'does this make me look fat' you have a great sense of humor as well. Can't wait to see what you get in the swap!

akatrix said...

You are funny, Gaye! I knew exactly where to look! I absolutely can't wait for the spring chunky book but I wish I had all 15 of your pages....each one is cuter than the next! Your text looks great, too....I'm all for computer generated text when it works and it works for you!
Pat

My Time To Craft Challenge said...

Beautiful work.