Saturday, April 19, 2008

House Built by Mother Nature


In my online Altered stART group we have monthly lotteries, and we are asked to create a small piece of art around a theme. The current theme is 'Celebrate Earth', in honor of Earth Day.


'Built by Mother Nature' started as something entirely different in my head. I have wanted to make a house-shaped piece for awhile now, and as I began turning over this theme in my mind, I began to see a house! The background is my first venture into the emboss resist technique described by Bernie Berlin in her book "Artist Trading Card Workshop". Paints used were from Folk Art, Liquitex, and Daler-Rowney (pearlescent copper - awesome). Stamps from Anna Griffin, Inque Boutique, Inkadinkadoo, and Serendipity Stamps. Gold beads and copper leaf bead are from Provo Craft. Fibers are from Hand Dyed Hobbies.


Hope you like this! Peace.

No comments: