Saturday, April 19, 2008

Theme Thursday ~ Stripes


Stripes are the focus of this week's Theme Thursday. I made this piece - not a skinny, not a 4 x 4, not an ATC - which measures 5" x 6". Just seemed like the right fit for what I wanted to do.


The striped background paper is OLD and I don't know the source; I glued it down and sanded the heck out of it. Used Cranberry Colorbox Pigment Ink DTP on edges. Stamp is a Tim Holz image from Stamper's Anonymous, done with Staz-On Timber Brown. The watercolor paper was painted previously with Derwent Inktense Water Pencil. Flowers are by Anna Griffin, and the '5' is from Heidi Grace.


I was thinking about things we used to find in my Grandma Clarke's shoeboxes:)


Peace.

7 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh so wonderful. Really great design. Love it.

Heather Robinson said...

I love that you were thinking about things found in your Grandma's shoeboxes when you created this piece and that you used a size that just seemed right for what you wanted to create. Such a lovely, vintage feel to it.

Femmy said...

fantastic!!! love the colors!

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful ,great stamp and the flowers finish it off!
Clairexx

Janny said...

Beautiful!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Beautiful! What a lovely piece!

The Reluctant Aquarian said...

Pretty! Lovely layout