Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Big Collage


I am excited about this piece!! This is the largest piece I have ever done, 11 x 14. The challenge for Step Outside your Box is to make something bigger than you are accustomed to, and Mixed Media Monday has a theme of 'paint'. I made this collage for both challenges ~ I don't usually do that but this is big and has taken me most of this week.


'Rock and Roll Dance Party Girls' is done on 11 x 14 canvas board. I used black gesso under the paint, then used various colors and mixes. I made dots using punchinella stencil and a couple of jar lids that were different sizes. The main image is by Anne Taintor (love her collages) from a book I have. I sanded the original drapes and added some polka dotty ones of my own! This was really fun, hope you like it.


Peace.

12 comments:

A Note From The Queen said...

this ROCKS!!!!! So glad you played!!

Jean said...

Really great that you shook up your comfort zone...well done! Love this!

mixedmediamonday said...

Wonderful piece! Diane

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning. Awesome collage.

Femmy said...

it's a beautiful piece!

akatrix said...

Gaye, it's gorgeous! I can imagine how scary to face a blank canvas and know you had to fill it but you did an amazing job! Terrific collage!
Pat

~*~Patty said...

Gaye ~ your canvas is just super!!! Love everything about it! Challenges are good for stretching creative muscles, you certainly stepped up to the plate!!!

mary schweitzer said...

Working large can be quite a challenge. You did a wonderful job.
Mary

Gillian said...

Fab mixed media piece:)

Hermine said...

This looks really great.

Kathy~Vintage Snaps & Scraps said...

Fantastic collage piece.

Jillian said...

Wow! I love this piece and how brave of you to tackle an 11x14 canvas! I love the colors and the composition--beautiful work.