Friday, May 9, 2008

'Old School' ATC's



The Altered Art groups current swap has the theme of 'Old School'. Two directions came to mind for this and I couldn't decide, so I followed them both.


"The Greatest Generation" (thank you Tom Brokaw) uses patterned paper from Me and my big ideas. I sprayed Walnut Ink on it and then distressed the edges with brown and mustard ink. I recently received the photo from my brother. The woman is our mother and the picture is taken in Santa Barbara, CA, in 1943 I think. I cropped it, rounded the corners, and inked the edges. The lace is from JoAnn's fabrics, originally white but I inked it a little and then tea stained it. I made the tag from cardstock, inked with the brown and mustard inks, used Hero Arts stamps for the word and Autumn Leaves flourish. The key is from 7 gypsies, brad from Memory Makers.


"Dedication to the Craft" uses cardstock background from a collage pack I got, don't know the source! The red and white dot paper is about 9 or 10 years old, source unknown! The image is from the internet and I outlined the teacher with a white Galaxy marker. I punched the blue stars from foil origami paper, and the clock face is from a sheet by artchixstudio.com. The card is outlined in red Zig marker.


Hope you like these. There is nothing 'old school' about dedicated teachers, there are thousands of them in the classroom at this very moment! And sometime I hope to find the key to reveal my mother's spirit to me - I'm on the watch for this.


Peace.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Hi Gabrielle!! I love both of your "old school" atcs--but probably the 2nd one was the one that grabbed my attention. I like the color combination and the image of the "teacher". Great work!