Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ventura County Birds






Our backyard is pretty good size (for CA standards) and we have open space behind us. So we have lots of critters back here, especially birds ~ many songbirds (we have 3 feeders, great food and excellent service, 5 *), California quail, roadrunners, doves, blue jays, horned owls (winter months), and red hawks like these. This guy was sitting on our sidewall yesterday afternoon, and very interested in something going on within that lantana bush! I've never seen one this close to the house. Quickly I grabbed my camera and snapped some pics through the very dirty dining room window! this hawk is on the small side, maybe a youngster?


I will also take this opportunity to post pics from last week of some of my flowers. I don't know why the camellias are still blooming, they're very confused by crazy weather I guess!


Peace.

1 comment:

~*~Patty said...

WOW, wonderful pics of the hawk! Your garden looks really Lovely! I'm not sure a lantana would ever get that big here in VA, especially since they are annuals in these parts.