Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Wonderful Saturday


First of all, carryover from Friday...and the beehive cake! A couple of very talented blog friends left lovely comments on this, and Suzan said she was inspired by this ;) We exchanged a couple of emails and when I logged into Suzan Buckner's blog (Thrifty Collage Artist) yesterday morning I saw the result of her inspiration! Now I OWN it as I stalked her Etsy shop and scarfed it up when she FINALLY posted it LOL. If you haven't seen her blog you must visit, she is unbelievably talented and has an interesting perspective on things. Not to mention the second cutest dog ever.


The picture is part of the delicious lunch my friend Connie and I shared here at my house yesterday. She came over and we played together in the salon, stamping, cutting, making cards, eating, gluing, measuring, punching holes, looking at stuff, eating, sharing, inking, and eating! Lots of laughter too! The cantaloupe she brought was so beautiful I had to get a picture of it - too pretty to eat, really, but we managed and it was delish. The chocolate chip blondies were made in the morning by moi, in honor of our playdate, but truly to consume the healthy chocolate they contained, not to mention those antioxidant-rich walnuts.


What a great day! Enjoy your Sunday!

Peace.

3 comments:

Suzan Buckner said...

hehee...looks wonderfully delicious!! (The chocolate--not the canteloupe)...Thank you for the purchase, and for telling about it here! Big Hugs!! Suzan

Jillian said...

Congrats on picking up one of Suzan's pieces. I have always enjoyed her art. The cantalope looks amazing...yum...as do the sweets!!

Christine said...

You made it?! I've been very busy, but checking airfarewatchdog all the time ... xo