Tuesday, June 10, 2008

3 Asian Theme ATC's


My Altered Techniques ATC group is having an Asian theme swap - 5 for 4. Here are my first 3 cards, I am really liking these.


The backgrounds were laying around here - acrylic paints mixed, iridescent medium, glazing medium. I used patterned paper from a Far East theme pack by DCWV. Sliced up the papers I chose into various widths and started fooling around - that's how the weave happened. The fans are from a template I have and now that I have done these, I have pictures in my head of all sorts of fans!! Began by cutting the fans from the patterned paper, then decided they would look better against some coordinating cardstock...so I cut those. Fooled around some more and glued pieces together. Punched the hole for the tassel and edged in silver marker. Out came the silver microbead - glitter mix, and I glued that along the edges. WHEW! THEN I covered the whole thing with Perfect Paper Adhesive (glossy) and waited. The tassels are silver floss with glass beads attached. The card base was stamped in brown StazOn with the 'Peace' character and the finished fans were placed with pop dots.


2 more cards in progress, different colors though. Will post later.


"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

1 comment:

~*~Patty said...

Gaye ~ I really enjoyed reading about your creative process! The woven papers and the fans are such great accents! The tassel and bead = perfect! Love the quotes too!