Monday, June 2, 2008

Layers of Color Challenge ~ Opening




I have had my eye on this challenge blog for awhile and made this today for the Layers of Color challenge to celebrate the grand opening of their web store!


A dear friend recently RAK'd the door element to me which I used here! Love this! 'Open your mind' began by inking the door piece with metallic green and gold pigment inks. The phrenology collage piece is from Lunagirl and I painted it with Liquitex gold Glossies paint. The butterfly above the door and the small one were punched from patterned paper painted with several shades of Twinkling H2O's. The mesh over the door is an embossed image from Stampington. The beads across the top and bottom of the door are from Beader's Paradise, with a dot of gold glitter glue on each. Inside the door I glued down some yellow-gold origami rice paper (source unknown) and stamped the mesh in black dye ink. The collage image is from Art-E-Zine with wings from Lisa's Altered Art. Inside the doors I sponged gold ink and doodled circles with permanent marker.


I love these door pieces, wish I knew where they came from! Thanks for looking, hope your mind is open to art and beauty!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! You've also opened our eyes to the wonderful artwork you create! I'm delighted you've joined our art party! I love your original creativity, so inspirational!

Mam and Lizi said...

This is very nice and it tickles my funny bone.
Nancy

Rosie said...

What a great concept! I love your door thingy - brilliant!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Very beautiful! I love it all, and especially the chickenwire stamp! A wonderful piece!!

Rein said...

Beautiful card!

Jillian said...

Love this!

kreativgeschwafel said...

this looks really great!

~*~Patty said...

Well, this turned out beautifully too! I've not had a chance to play in this challenge....yet. I was looking for a chicken wire stamp when I did my skinny the other day. The phrenology head is a fav of mine, wonderful piece of art you created!

Julia said...

Wow this is beautiful , i love the idea very much !

Suzan Buckner said...

This is great!! I really love it!!

Mandy C said...

wow this is fab