Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sea Dreams


Here's an ATC for the monthly swap in my Art Techniques group. The stamped mermaid image is from Time to Stamp. It's stamped in Rusty Brown StazOn and painted with watercolor pencils. There are also several glitter highlights which don't show up too well in the photo! The background is a result of my playing with paint all day today - so much fun. The base layer is a mix of acrylic colors, iridescent medium, and glass bead medium. I painted in curves/waves shapes, and on top I put down accents of metallic white acrylic. The remaining areas were painted with green interference paint - the whole background shimmers and has great texture, which doesn't show here at all! The words are from a collage sheet by Lisa's Altered Art.


Summer is definitely here ;)

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Wow! This is really gorgeous, Gaye! I love the texture in the BG and how the image came out with the watercolor pencils. Beautiful work.