Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer ATC's ~ on a sizzlin' Summer Day!



The temp outside is about 100 - which I thought was against our city code. Apparently not. I've been in the house all day, not being very green either (the thermostat is set at 80), finishing up these Summer ATC's for a swap.


The first 2, 'Visiting' and 'Summer Garden', began as sanded and gesso'd cardboard. I painted with acrylic paint and then glued on the fabric pieces. I LOVE the colors and texture of this fabric! The grass is grosgrain ribbon, cut and glued. I went through my stash of paper punch shapes - I have lots because I always punch up my small scraps of paper - and assembled the flowers and butterflies. The larger flowers and butterfly are double sided and 3-D. I also added some brads (Making Memories) and beads (Blue Moon Bead Co).


The next 2, 'California Candy Fish' and 'Offshore California', began as above through the paint step. Bought a pack of summer party napkins the other day for $1, the fish are a single ply panel. I glued them on with gel medium. The crazy eyes are paper punches from my stash, which I went over w/Glossy Accents (from Ranger, similar to Diamond Accents I think). Added a few more paper punches for bubbles and seaweed, then outlined everything with a white Galaxy marker. Finished with some glitter glue dots.


I love all these happy colors of summer.

1 comment:

~*~Patty said...

Wonderful colors and summery feel to these ATCs Gaye. I haven't started mine yet....still thinkin. Sending you cool thought, golly it does sound hot for you!