Thursday, June 5, 2008

'Woman Warrior' ATC for Group Swap


One of my online groups has a bi-weekly swap and the current theme is 'Woman Warriors'. My interpretation of a warrior is anyone who takes action toward a greater good.


'Integrity' is focused upon one of my all time heroes, Lillian Hellman. The card began with patterned papers from Mustard Moon and Deja Views, torn, sanded, and inked with Tim Holz Dried Marigold distress Ink. The photo of Ms. Hellman was retrieved off the internet and the quote printed from The Quotations Page. The quote is colored with the distress Ink. German scrap is from Collagestuff.com and lowercase "i" is from K and Co.


I was in high school, in the early '70's, when I read Lillian Hellman's memoir "An Unfinished Woman". The book truly changed me and I devoured everything else written by her that I could get my hands on, including her plays and other non-fiction books, "Pentimento" and "Scoundrel Time". I will always be a great admirer of her as a person as well as artistically.


Peace ~ and fight on!

2 comments:

Jean said...

I love your shero card....I'm going to get her books from the library! I love blogland for exactly this reason! Thanks for sharing and I love the comment you left on my blog today, I really did LOL!!

Will you join my monthly challenge?? We'd love to have you!

Tammy said...

This is great. I am going to check out Lillian Hellman's work. Thanks for sharing.