Thursday, July 17, 2008

Don't Give Up...



...is what I've decided to call this ATC for a swap in my Altered Art group. The background is beautiful butter colored handmade embossed paper, glued to a substrate of Bristol board. The butterfly was cut from double-sided cardstock from the 'Bohemia' line by My Mind's Eye - absolutely wonderful papers!! I added the floral vine stamps (source unknown) in Ranger Denim ink, and the musical body piece came from Digital Collage Images. The butterfly is edged with Marvy Ochre ink, DTP. I used the same ink on a Qtip to make the markings on the wings. The antennae are made from 26g jewelry wire and some nice blue beads that were RAK'd to me. The label is from K & Co, heart beads are by Blue Moon Bead Co. The card is edged with the blue ink.


Everything changes, just like the butterfly, but there is always HOPE.

2 comments:

Karen Mowrey said...

ooo la la, this is super! Love it.

Thank you for stopping by, loved your comment by the way!!!

~*~Patty said...

Your butterfly ATC looks super, I really Love the detail of the wire antennae, you're very patient to add those! :) Your Marc Chagall's are great also, very artsy!