Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jingle Bell Rock




That's right everyone, it's Christmas in July!! What better time to think about Santa, snow, sleds, sleigh rides, carols, cookies, and, of course, THE MISTLETOE? Our monthly lottery at Altered Start has this theme, and here is my entry!!


As you will see, I am a Christmas maven. I just love it - ask my kids, my friends, especially my sweetie (he LOVES helping get down those decoration boxes hehehehehe). I have a significant collection of Santa ornaments, they will be sending holiday wishes to all of blogland this year...but I digress.


These altered coaster ornaments began looking like the first pic and ended looking like the next 2. They were sanded and gesso'd, as they were covered in some sort of sealer. The background papers are from Cloud 9 (polka dots) and Current catalog. The green flourish tissue pieces were torn from a holiday napkin border (thanks endlessly to Sharon at Norah's Art for instruction and inspiration :), and the letters are by K & Co. The red tissue ~ from the same napkin ~ was stamped with images from Stampington's Holiday cube in white pigment. The "joy" definition is a stamp from a Hero Arts set, done in green and black StazOn on the tissue layer below the print - still faintly red! Love that! Both sides edged with green pigment ink and embossed with clear Kaleidoscope powder. The loops are made with iridescent gold trim from JoAnn's, with buttons and gold glitter hiding those cut ends;).


Now to the other extreme...stay tuned.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Gaye! Merry early Christmas (lol). What a great theme for altered_start. I really love your altered coaster ornies.

Suzan Buckner said...

Hey, if it's Christmas--where's my PRESENT??? LOL..merry christmas!