Saturday, July 26, 2008

Paradise Found


When I saw the current challenge at Layers of Color I knew I had to play... PLUS it has been a long time!


The background for my skinny is a napkin (just happened to have recently gotten these tropicals for 60% off :). Dark pink vellum is layered on (Hot Off the Press) and the exotic bird comes courtesy of Miss Mary's Free Collage Sheets. The border stamp is from Inque Boutique, as well as the word 'paradise'; both are done in Timber Brown StazOn. The bead is from Blue Moon Bead Co.


Thanks for looking. I'd love to be heading to Lanikai Beach, which is Hawaiian for 'heavenly sea'.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful! Just like a visit to a tropical island. I really love the colors.

Laura said...

Ooo, paradise! I love the wild exotic coloring and tropical movement in your wonderful artwork.

herminesplace said...

Fabulous, love the colours!!!

Musing of a Patched Heart said...

What a tropical paradise! This is great I love the lay out and color combination!

Rein said...

Beautiful!

RubyMay said...

Just where i would like to go for my hols ! Lovely x

Sharon said...

Hello fellow napkin lover. Thank you so much for that little package you sent. I seem to have lost about 10 days recently and I'm so late letting you know how much I love it.
You have a scarry snake story up there. We have them here in Texas too by I haven't seen on on our place.

~*~Patty said...

Oh how beautiful Gaye, wonderful colors! Don't you just Love Miss Mary's bird sheet!

Barbara Hagerty said...

Now this piece just speaks to me!! What glorious colors! And I LOVE Miss Mary's images....must have missed this one, as it's not in my collection. The colors, everything is simply fabulous, Gaye! I LOVE it all!!

Mam said...

Oh yes, this is beautiful. Love the way you used the napkin, the vellum -- very unique.

Karen Owen said...

Tropical, indeed! You make me want to go back to Hawaii. Lovely work.

purplepaint said...

This is beautiful! So glad I found your blog!