Saturday, July 5, 2008

Playing with Paper ~ Again



A couple of weeks ago I posted a page I made from scraps laying around on my worktable. Here's the next one.


I actually had photos of the process but accidentally deleted the early ones before I got them out of my camera!!!!! DUH!


Began by painting a 9" x 12" piece of cardstock pink. On Sharon T's blog, Norah's Art, she has a wonderful tutorial on using napkins in your work - click the link and you'll get right to it! Her work is gorgeous, spend some quality time looking at her blog!! I used a decorated napkin and overlaid the entire piece of cardstock with it. OOOOH I like this! Then I added a couple of alpha fairies from Lisa's Altered Art, and a sheer piece of green paper/fabric which was RAK'd to me awhile ago. Got my stencils out from Retro Cafe Art and used Titanium White acrylic to paint the spots. Added color with permanent markers and circled in sepia Prismacolor Premier pen. I took a page of text from a great vintage book and tea stained it, tore it, and added some pieces.


Soon I'll be off to Staples with this (they KNOW me at Staples now, I have friends in the color copy Dept., hehehehe) to make copies so I can use it for other stuff.


I love working with paper!! What is with me??!!

4 comments:

wahm922 said...

Background? I think it works perfectly just the way it is but that's just me : )

I like working with napkins, love the texture you can get with them.

Thanks for sharing!

akatrix said...

gaye, your technique is gorgeous! I'm going to make some! Thank you....
Pat

Jean said...

Beautiful papers! I love using napkins from my special girlfriend parties too! I have a bunch of buds from school and we always get together a couple times a year....I buy super fancy napkins then use them in my work....

~*~Patty said...

Wonderful results you got there Lady! Playing with paper sounds perfectly reasonable to me ;) and often too LOL! I just happen to have a collection of napkins (I like fancy tissues too), thank you for reminding me to use some! I Love how they melt into a piece, it's great too when there is some text underneath as sometimes that will show thru after glueing. That IS a very nice tutorial, thanks for sharing that as well! I also meant to thank you for your 'sweet note' along with your RAK goodies last week! oxo