Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back to School 2008


Ah, yes, I remember well the preparations for back to school with 2 daughters...

Now they get themselves ready!!


Turquoise is the theme for this week's Think Monday Think ATC challenge, and I love that color! I had this tissue background around from a project from several months ago - perfect! I love the texture you get from this technique. The little girl is from Lisa's Altered Art, though I updated her dress using paper from Die Cuts with a View. I also gave her a bag, stamped from a set by studio g with black StazOn on yellow glitter cardstock from DCWV. The dots are a stamp from Paper Inspirations, also done in black StazOn. The words were typed, printed, cut, and glued. It just seemed like something she'd be saying....


Happy shopping!

9 comments:

Rein said...

Really cute ATC!

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous ATC

Barbara said...

Great color

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh wow this is really lovely.
Great design.

Karen Mowrey said...

Too funny! Better make sure it is one of those touch screen cell phones that all the other kids have!!!

~*~*~*~ said...

oh my, that made me giggle! my 10 yr. old says that!! lovely atc!! thanks for sharing your process!

~*~Patty said...

TOO CUTE Gaye! She makes a pretty convincing argument...I'm going right out to get her a cell phone. :) This is SO sweet!!! It's official my favorite color is Turquoise!

msscrooby said...

This is really great!

Dawn said...

Ha Ha! Like the humour on this one.Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments.
She's a gorgeous image.