Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'Birdsong' ATC


I am in a swap in my Altered Art group with a theme of music. The background I used for this card has been around a long time, done using the inky layers technique from Bernie Berlin's book. The bird image was received as part of a fun stamped image swap we did in this group awhile ago. Each of us stamped different images in black StazOn on white cardstock, sent to the hostess, then she sent back a mix of images excluding the ones we sent. What a great way to get a fresh set of images! So I watercolored these cute birds, sprayed on green Walnut Ink and bronze Glimmermist, scallop punched them, coated with Glossy Accents with some glitter mixed in, edged in gold pen, and attached to the card with pop dots. The card is also edged in the same gold pen, and I added the 'b' brad (JoAnn Essentials) and some soft fibers.

No comments: