Monday, August 4, 2008

Collage/Altered Art Challenge



I found a new challenge site recently ~ Mind Wide Open. The site provides an image to be used in art and sent back, then the images are voted on and the winner receives a gift certificate at one of Gail's online shops. There is a beautiful image up for the current challenge, along with incorporating or being inspired by the word 'secret'.


I made this collage, 'My Secret Wish'. The image was printed on transparency film. I put her on a watercolor background and put pattern tissue below the image. An orange crown was placed so it would appear to be on her head, and a napkin butterfly was placed to line up with her face. The words were stamped in black StazOn with Stampendous stamps. The fan is an old Carrie Lou & Me stamp, done in rusty brown StazOn on beautiful paper from Star Fish Dreams (??). All the brads are by JoAnn Essentials. The edge of the fan is glittered with Crayola glitter glue. The key charm is by 7 Gypsies, and the butterfly bead is from Blue Moon Bead Co. Honeycomb stamp from Stamper's Anonymous is done in rust brown StazOn, and the beads are from a pack of pearlescent colors.


If you're looking for something a little different, please take alook at this fun challenge! There are also lots of great tips there and a cool tutorial on altered tins :) - click above or on the badge on my side bar.


"Nothing weighs so heavily on us as a secret." ~ Jean De La Fontaine

2 comments:

~*~Patty said...

Excellent quote to go with your wonderful secret creation Gaye! Just LOVE how the fan slides to reveal the whole picture, your charm dangles are such a great touch too. I have no business looking at yet another challenge....but I am very tempted! Wish I didn't need to sleep at night ;) You put so much into this pretty piece!!!

akatrix said...

Gaye, that is just a lovely piece. You really added a lot of extras that make it special. I love it! I'm thinking I might like to play with y'all on this or an upcoming one. Thanks for sharing.
Pat