Thursday, August 14, 2008

Colorful Art Journal Page ~ Summer Daydream


The challenge is color for This Thursday, it’s all about…. I made this journal page today - I wanted to try this prism painting technique that's in the book "Art Escapes" by Dory Kanter. She recommends drawing a simple everyday object but I just felt like drawing lines and shapes. I used my Derwent Watercolor pencils, and limited myself to 3 colors for the base and 3 different colors to mix in. I also made a rule for myself, that 2 adjoining edges would not have the same base color in them, so each shape would be a different color than those around it. I like working with these watercolors, I felt like I had good control with my brush and the effect has the feel of stained glass.


I stamped the background flowers (I Brake for Stamps) in Cherry Pink StazOn. The girl image (Lost Coast Designs) and the butterflies (Hero Arts, Skipping Stones Designs) were stamped on napkin tissue, torn, and glued with gel medium. The letters are from Inque Boutique. All stamping is done with the pink StazOn.


'What a day for a daydream...' ~ John Sebastian and the Lovin' Spoonful

14 comments:

enjoy said...

Amanzing and colourful!

herminesplace said...

Beautiful page!

sija said...

Wonderful!

Karen Mowrey said...

looks like your rules paid off... Love watercolors and yours turned out great. I think I will spend today daydreaming...and creating!

rattytatty@fsmail.net said...

Think I will have to get the book. LOL> What a stunning page so beautiful. Adore the bright fresh look of this, and its luminosity. Thanks for taking part in This Thursdays challenge , glad you fond us and I got to see you beautiful peice hope you 1st This Thursday won't e your last. I would forward to seeing more of your work .
Tracey

Zuzu's Blog said...

OOO that is full of life and summer colour.. lovely page well done !

Max said...

Lovely ... you set yourself a challenge within a challenge and boy did it pay off!

Max
x

Dawn said...

Stunning! Gorgeous colours

Susie Blackwell said...

Amazing, thanks for playing along!

RubyMay said...

lovely artwork x

~*~Patty said...

What a day for a daydream....dreamin about my bundle of joy!!! I really LOVE this Gaye, the colors and pattern are excellent, the Lost Coast stamp is perfect as are the flowers! Superbe!!!

Barbara Hagerty said...

I LOVE this!! What fabulous use of color--and watercolors! It certainly says "daydream" to me! And I actually got to see the Lovin'Spoonful in concert.....(am I really this old????) Great journal page!

Femmy said...

beautiful page!!

Mam said...

Really unique and beautiful.
Nancy