Monday, August 25, 2008

The Optimist


Here's my art journal page for week 4 of Collage with Crowabout, Nancy B's group on Flickr ( her blog is awesome Something Two Crow About ). The pictures provided to us this week were so fun and colorful, and when I saw this girl's face I just clicked back to that optimism and idealism from the late 60's to early 70's. I also had to do a page on a MUCH lighter note than my last one!!


I'm really enjoying these journal pages and find myself wanting to do more and more of them.


"And I dreamed I saw the bombers

Riding shotgun in the sky

And they were turning into butterflies

Above our nation." ~ Joni Mitchell

3 comments:

Karen Mowrey said...

Nice and "light" and fun!

I did get an invite to this group so will jump into the fun soon!

Carol said...

Love to see your enthusiasm for the journals and your atcs are gorgeous. Welcome to ccswaps.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh my goodness Gaye, I don't know where to begin. You have been cranking out some wonderful artwork while I was away!!! I had to go to the second page to try and catch up :) Love everything about this piece and so many others you've created as well! Super eye candy!