Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Queen in her Garden


Here's an ATC made for a private swap with Karen Mowrey. She has just started making ATC's and they are bee-utiful - go check them out on her blog Beelieve, as well as her many other creations. She's super-talented and has a thing about these bees!! When I commented on her first ATC posting she contacted me to see if I'd be up for a swap!! This is really the first 'private' swap I've done and it is such fun!! I made this card just for her ;)


The card begins with a gorgeous photo of these sunflowers from a plant book. The slide mount was colored with inks DTP - Tim Holz Distress in Dried Marigold and Vivid! Dye Ink in Brick. The 'queen' is a stamp by Invoke Arts and she's done in Color Box Copper on vellum, then sprayed with Bronze Glimmermist. When you spray the glimmermist on the vellum the paper wants to curl IN THE WORST WAY!!!! So be sure to lightly tape it down to your work surface or secure it with repositionable adhesive - another in a series of LLTHW. The bee was inserted into the slide mount and was lightly treated with EP from Bmuse. The card was also given asimilar EP coat. The Q is from an old dictionary and was inked and glued down prior to the EP coating. The crown ( also by Invoke Arts ) is stamped in copper on metallic green cardstock by Wausau. The lovely jewel is from Me and My Big Ideas. Every queen needs a jewel or two, don't you think?


Off she flies to Karen - a queen of a gal and a good friend!!!

2 comments:

Karen Mowrey said...

Gaye, you are just the sweetest ever. So glad you posted this so I can link you up on Tuesday. I must say I am impressed with all the different techniques and fun treasures you put into this.

Eventually I will get into ATC swaps but right now I am enjoying being able to make them and own one from all my wonderful friends I have meet thru Beelieve

Jill said...

another beauty!