Friday, August 29, 2008

Take a Chance


This altered puzzle piece is for a monthly lottery entry in my Altered stART group, with the theme of chance. I have worked on this for a couple of days and also see it's a good fit for this week's This Thursday, it’s all about… which has a theme of 'Puzzle Pieces'.


This puzzle piece is large, about 6.5" x 6.5". It was painted cobalt blue and then stamped with antique copper small circles. The butterflies were punched from many paper scraps, using a punch made by Marvy. The entire puzzle piece was overlaid with white napkin tissue, stamped in Pumpkin StazOn with an image from PaperBag Studios. The gate portion is covered with a piece of mica, and the handle (European Papers) attached. I went through my small image stash and found the butterfly on the left side. Some pearlescent white acrylic paint was watered down slightly to do some circles on the large piece. The butterfly is made of some lightweight chipboard covered in blue tissue, then stamped with that white paint using punchinella. The text is typed and printed on Kraft paper. The wire hanger uses 26g jewelry wire and assorted beads from Blue Moon Beads and Bliss Beads. Eyelets are from Making Memories. The finished piece is 12" from top to bottom.


This was fun to make and quite different for me! I know for a fact that if you don't open the door and take a chance, you'll be safe... but possibly miss something grand!!

3 comments:

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is fabulous! I love that it's large! The beads, the butterfly, all of it!!! What a gorgeous piece!!!

Jill said...

Beautiful! I've never done a puzzle piece before but yours is beautiful. Hope everything is going good on the group.

wahm922 said...

I love your lottery entry. I've got to get one done so I have a chance at this puzzle piece!