Friday, September 5, 2008

Black Birds for a Brown Swap???????





Yes that's right...


The Art Techniques ATC group has been running a series of color swaps and they have been so fun. thus far I have participated in the blue swap, the red swap, the yellow swap, and now the brown swap.


I made 4 ATC's with K and Co paper for the background. Then I used Maya Road chipboard birds and inked them with Sepia Black Color Box pigment ink. I used a stencil and Martha Stewart pigment ink in Bluegrass to make the designs on them, and finished with a splatter of Daler Rowney Pearlescent Copper Acrylic. Black eyelets from Bazill and spiral black clips finish them off, along with copper glitter glue eyes. The found text comes from a book of James Thurber short stories that I bought awhile ago ~ I love it as it has the text and his hilarious drawings as well!!


Please meet Black Owl, Black Bird Resting, Black Bird Arriving, and Black Bird Remembering :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Gaye! These are wonderful! A color swap is a great idea.

wahm922 said...

Oh I love these birds, just wait until Pat sees them!

jerseytjej said...

ej! I didn't know that you were also in Nancy B's group! Isn't it fun! I know that I am early, but just went to the vvveeeerrrryyy bottom of the email and found your link! I have been here before ( not Deja vu!)