Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Deep Thoughts Art Journal Page


The theme this week at Mixed Media Monday is Nature. I love this time of year - the fall, season of change, starting to look toward the holidays, snugging in for another California winter... heeeheeeeheeee. We have good imaginations here!!


This journal page is for week 5 at Nance B's Collage Play with Crowabout Group, and we were given a tough set of elements to incorporate, with no real 'central' figure. Lots of great pattern and texture though!! When I printed them out I liked how they looked in green as well as the original colors. Then I began thinking of trees (since it is fall and NOTHING changes here in this part of soCal) and then... I remembered I had this PIG image by Anna Griffin. The page took off from there...


Thanks for visiting, and 'Deep Thoughts' have been around a loooong time!! I remember when Phil Hartman used to do those skits on SNL... he was very talented, sure miss him!

10 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow wow wow this is brilliant.
Gorgeous image. Love them.

Rein said...

Great piece!!

herminesplace said...

Fabulous, love it.

Karen Mowrey said...

This turned out so fun! Love the polka dotted pig!!!

mixedmediamonday said...

This is sucha gorgeous page - it put a smile on my face! Diane

Willy said...

Wonderful page!

Simple Journeys said...

What a fun whimsical piece! I like the tone of you whole blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

Sally said...

Hi,

Thanks for looking at my blog, you also have some lovely work on yours. I love your style, its very individual. Great piece with the pig!

Jill said...

AMAZING!! Seriously - this is an awesome piece, Gaye. I love the whimsy---great colors and composition.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

This one is just wonderful!!!! Your WWhitman page is amazing too, so many great layers! You go girl!