Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stamp Versatility Swap

In Trish Bee's group Creating Chaos I participated in a swap to use a single stamp in 3 different ways.






I chose an old stamp from Magenta ~ probably 10 years old or more! In the first ATC 'giggles', I stamped on glossy cardstock, clear embossed, and inked with dye inks. A panel was cut and placed on a background painted with acrylic and interference colors. The collage image is from Tuscan Rose, felt ribbon from Queen & Co, rose mauve mulberry paper, and word stamps from Impression Obsession.






The second ATC, 'Sparkle', uses a watercolor background that was lying around here. The above stamp was done in white Adirondack pigment (AWESOME) on turquoise cardstock, then in Lagoon Blue VersaColor on patterned paper (I LOVE this ink color!!). Wings were cut from the turquoise cardstock and photo corners from the patterned paper. The corners were adhered and covered with Glossy Accents and some glitter. The collage image is from Lisa's Altered Art (love those chubby legs ;) and was glued to the blue wings. The card (except the corners) was covered in Art Accents Shimmerz glue, and the girl placed on the card. This glue dries with little sparkles showing - it's a bit watery for me but easy to control with my fingers. I made her a crown from blue glitter cardstock (DCWV) and added the pink jewels (K & Co).






The last piece began as a 4 x 4, but the swap said ATC's or cards, so I finished it as a greeting card. The image is done using the StazOn Technique, using a couple of other stamps as well. I did not let the paper dry thoroughly before going over it with my white Signo pen ~ so the bandanna look is there but very soft and muted. I call this serendipity! The houses were made from paint chip tags from the hardware store, and I used fabric tape from 7 gypsies for the roofs. Collage images are from Tuscan Rose. The copper tag was recently RAK'd to me (!!!! cool !!!!!) and sprayed with Patina Glimmer Mist, then stamped with Black StazOn. The flowers are Primas and the brad is from Making Memories. The green mat for the piece was stamped using 2 different stamps from The Paper Studio, and everything is edged in black.





This was a fun swap and forced me to think about different techniques with the stamp - give it a try!

1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

WOWEE Gaye, you certainly DID show the versatility of that one stamp! The first ATC is soft soft and beautiful, I just Love each creation!