Thursday, October 16, 2008

Embrace Change

Here's an ATC I did for a swap in my Altered stART group, with a theme of 'Vintage Autumn'. Originally I was not considering a 'fairy' type of image, but when I came across this lovely girl on my Digital Collage Sheet page, she just looked like fall to me.

The background is patterned paper (MAMBI I think?) which has been gesso'd and then colored with oil pastels. I really enjoy those pastels, thanks so much to my friend Jillian for introducing me to them :) The pastels are so versatile and easy to work with, and produce color that is easy to control. I used a piece of dictionary page, colored with Tea Dye Distress Ink, behind the image (did you see the word AUTUMN there?). Originally she had a flower bouquet in her hand but I changed it to a beautiful coppery leaf, punched from a gorgeous piece of handmade paper ;) Then I punched a few more!! Along with an oak leaf punch with the remaining dictionary page. Her chair is a piece of chipboard which I painted brown and then overpainted with gold Daler Rowney Pearlescent acrylic. The card, as well as the main image, is outlined in green chalk ink.

Try to enjoy the changes - a difficult process but often worth the effort and investment.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Such a sweet ATC, Love how she's holding her autumn leaf!!!

Jill said...

I love this ATC! I have the same image, but I liked how you shadowed the main image with the text and I did see the word "autumn"! :)