Sunday, October 12, 2008

You Gotta Have Friends....



As the divine Miss M said in about 1972, I think!!


Here's a fun canvas for this week's paint theme over at Saturday's Workout. I made a 5" x 7" canvas board, painted with a couple of layers of acrylic. I oversprayed with bronze GlimmerMist and splattered black paint all over the place. I used an old background stamp of stars (Hero Arts) and stamped around with Daler Rowney Pearlescent Acrylic (I LOVE LOVE LOVE these paints!!). The picture is one that I printed awhile ago and I love it, have been waiting and waiting for the right moment to use it! The chandelier image is from the front of a notecard sent to me by a dear friend - I sanded it and then repainted some areas with my black paint. The ladies are collaged to a piece of patterned text paper from 7 Gypsies, then I added the black 'drips' with paint and used the pearlescent acrylics to highlight the ovals. The ladies are outlined in paint and the entire image outlined and doodled with my white Signo pen. I used that green pearlescent acrylic on my Friends definition stamp (Hero Arts) and stamped on pattern tissue. The green German Scrap is from Collagestuff.com.


So.....here's a big Sunday shout out to all my friends dropping by ~ YOU :)

7 comments:

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow Gabrielle this is really stunning.
Amazing design. Love them.

Thanks for your great work to SaWo.

herminesplace said...

Beautiful

Willy said...

Beautiful and funny canvas!

Femmy said...

great canvas!!!!!

dutchstamptramp said...

Real spooky! Gorgeous

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love what you've created here Gaye, so interesting too to read 'how' you achieved the look! I pick up a three pack of those inks when I have a coupon, in fact, seeing this makes me think it must be time for another color batch! Such a wonderful image and all the trimmings!!!

Jill said...

Gorgeous! I love the images and especially the chandelier.