Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Valentine Book Collaboration












There are 16 of us participating in a valentine-themed collaborative book in my altered art group!! Each one of us has made 16 pages and each will receive the complete book with original pages and cover from each participant. Very fun and I got way into this!!

I posted this earlier to show the backsides of the pages. Now here are the pages. I made 2 sets of 8 pages, using 2 different central images. The beautiful girl with the angelic face is a freebie I snagged from Suzan Buckner's blog (Thrifty Collage Artist) awhile ago. This is such a gorgeous image and I thank her for sharing so generously. Go visit her blog for a real eye candy treat!! The ethereal woman sitting by the lake is another freebie but I don't know where it came from!! I love the colors and soft romantic feel here.


The first 5 pages are done with metallic inks, chalk inks, stencils, blue tulle, and various embellishments (buttons, rhinestones, small floral bundles). I love the background paper too, the colors are gorgeous.


The next picture is one of a set of 3. I cut down a paper doily, inked it, and glued it down. The golden 'halo' is a paper candy cup the I flattened and cut in half. The golden angel was on sale after Christmas - I got 18 or 20 of them for less than $1!!!

The girl by the lake uses a teal/turquoise blue cardstock base. The first set of 4 had a colorful tissue layered over and around the photo edges. It seemed too bright so I painted over it with a mix of colors, applying with a nearly dry brush. The flowers are Primas and I used colored beads for the centers and included a dragonfly bead perched on a petal. The edges that frame the photo were coated with clear microbeads.

The final set of 4 uses a layer of white napkin tissue that I stamped using various images from Paper Artsy, Printworks, Heidi Grace, Inque Boutique, and Lost Coast Designs. All were stamped with StazOn. The napkin tissue was layered on the cardstock and torn to frame the image. Prima flowers were added and the brads at the center of each are from Making Memories. A final glimmer of color was painted around the edge of the photo frame with Twinkling H2O's.

I had a great time making these pages and, although nontraditional, was captivated by the romantic sensibility I was able to achieve. PLUS I tried several new things, all of which I like....

Very FULLfilling.
(My formatting with the photos is not what I intended but I'm too tired to fool around with it.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Oh my gosh---your pages are so pretty and soft and romantic looking. I bet the book is going to be fantastic.

Karen Mowrey said...

Look at you go girl! I feel the need to do hearts this weekend. Think that is going to be my focus! (finally a weekend with no travel or work...yippee)

Thanks for emailing me that Etsy link, that stuff is fabulous and can't wait to peek around more!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love your hearts Gaye, soooo sweet and pretty. What a great swap that will be!