Sunday, February 8, 2009

Texture ATC Swap


This was fun!! I made 6 of these for a swap in Trish Bee's group, 'Creative Chaos'. For a long time I've wanted to play with molding paste, paint, stamping, stenciling, etc. Here was the perfect opportunity to do so ~ and I recently purchased a tube of the stuff during the big sale last month at Dick Blick Art Supplies :)


I used watercolor paper as the base and mixed the paste about 50/50 with soft matte gel medium. I don't have a palette knife but my chartreuse green plastic knife works pretty well for schmearing stuff around. I gesso'd the paper, applied the paste, and used several different foam stamps in it. I made 3 different pages and designs, am still playing with the other two! After everything dried I began painting the page with acrylics, 3 base colors plus mixes of them. I painted over the dry paint layer with interference violet and interference blue, then finished off some of the raised detail with glossy acrylic in red-purple. I love the colors and texture here, but these colors were outside my typical working palette.......


The paper was cut to ATC size (random cutting, I did it from the reverse side). I tried a couple of different upper layers and I DIDN'T LIKE THEM!!! Then I remembered this beautiful cupid stamp ( Gel-A-Tins set) and stamped on acetate. The cards are all edged in multicolor pearly microbeads - this looks right to me.


I'm in the mood for romance these days, having lots of dreams of travel to London and Paris, mostly with my wonderful husband, although there was that ONE dream with George Clooney heheheheheheeeeeee.

2 comments:

wahm922 said...

I love texture, makes me want to hold this one and really "feel" it :)

Dawn said...

Brilliant... look fabulous

(did you tell your dh that you dreamed of George Clooney - ?) lol x


p.s.popped by after seeing your post on ccswaps x