Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Journal Page


Here's my journal page for this week at Collage Play with Crowabout Group. The images she provided were all from vintage children's books ~ very fun indeed. Once i saw them I just could NOT get this Bob Seger song out of my head!! So I got it onto the page hehehehehe ;)


I had a lot of fun extending the drawings onto my page, a fun technique I'm sure I'll return to again! All the colors here are on top of a gesso-washed patterned paper, and all color is from crayons ~ my Neo's and my Crayola's!!


"Just take those old records off the shelf,

I'll sit and listen to them by myself.

Today's music ain't got the same soul,

I like that old time rock 'n roll!!"

~ Bob Seger

1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Wonderful and so colorful Gaye. Music is great inspiration isn't it, now I've got the song in my head