Saturday, March 14, 2009

Link to Morgan Donato's Blog

My youngest daughter Steph is a student at LaSalle Univ, just outside Philadelphia. She also works part-time as a nanny to Morgan, for the past year or so.

Just before last Thanksgiving Morgan wasn't feeling well and went for a checkup. She was diagnosed with leukemia and didn't leave the hospital for nearly 6 weeks. Morgan is 7 and in 2nd grade.

Her parents have a blog where they keep us updated, post photos, and have links there to send her a card or a well wish. I have added the link on my sidebar. Morgan is a riot and definitely loves to play. She (and her parents) are the most courageous people I know and Steph confirms this for me nearly every time she and I speak. I plan to visit Steph this summer in Philly and look forward to meeting Morgan at that time. By then she will have had her bone marrow transplant and will be on the way to less hospital time and more fun time!!

If you need affirmation about the strength and resilience of the human spirit, as well as the wisdom of children, this is a good place to find it.

Peace.

No comments: