Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Night Flight


Here's an ATC made for a swap in Trish Bee's Creating Chaos group. The swap theme is 'Flight' and as soon as I joined up I thought about flying at night, under the stars.


Starting with yellow cardstock cut to ATC size I stamped and clear embossed the stars (Inkadinkadoo) and the floral flourish (Tim Holz ~ Stampers Anonymous). I used several dye ink pads and sponges to apply the color, then melted off the embossing - I love this technique and haven't done it for awhile. I painted a piece of watercolor paper with Twinkling H2O's in Black Orchid, then stamped the bird (Tim Holz ~ Stampers Anonymous) with Bright yellow Twinkling H2O on top. After all the paint was dry I stamped the bird over the paint using black StazOn. The eye is a french Knot done with gold embroidery thread. I coated the background of the card with some Art Accent glitter glue, for just a smidge of sparkle in the night sky. The remainder of the background was covered with a light coat of glossy gel medium. The birds were cut out, adhered, and outlined with my gold Signo pen. The entire card was edged with my Krylon gold leaf pen.


Peace.


1 comment:

bitze said...

Wonderful results, beautiful card Gaye. Makes me want to get busy with inks and clear embossing powder!