Thursday, March 5, 2009

'Presence'







We have a swap going at Creating Chaos with the theme of "puzzle": incorporate anything puzzle into your item. I have several of these large blank pieces (about 5.5" square) so I thought it would be fun to alter it. This particular group emphasizes using stamping techniques within the work that is swapped, so when I did this piece it is ALL paint and stamping, NO collage (I thought I was gonna die but I'm okay!!).






I started with some pinkish paint that I mixed up , also added some Liquitex Iridescent medium to give it a little sparkle. Then I stamped images in gesso (Stampington, Autumn Leaves) and allowed the gesso to dry thoroughly (waiting, waiting, waiting, FINALLY it's dry!!). I painted over everything with Golden Interference Red, which alters the pink color slightly and really amps up the shine factor! The woman's face is so beautiful and is from a great set by Lost Coast Designs. She was stamped in Blazing Red StazOn on shrinky dink plastic and cut out. I added the blue scalloped edge with a colored pencil. The blue chipboard flowers are from Maya Road and were painted with Twinkling H2O's . I also painted the same twinkling blue on the scalloped edge of the plastic piece, as the blue color of my pencil didn't look right anymore. Finished it up with a few Svarovski crystals (yes they're real, and they're spectacular), some lace, a ribbon hanger with wire wrapping and a few beads along the way.






Perhaps my Spring fever is showing??






1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love your puzzle piece, what a fun swap. You made me giggle with what you wrote about not collaging any of it :)
Our local alt artists group is doing a puzzle swap, smaller pieces. It should be fun come Oct when all the pieces are completed.