Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ready to Fly!!





























In my Altered Start art group we are having a swap of these chipboard butterfly books. One of the members scored a bunch of these on a shopping trip to Michael's (for $1 each :) and sent them out to those of us participating in the swap. We each make an entire book and send to a partner.


When figuring out what I wanted to do here I decided to use all scraps from my various papers, ephemera, and collage images. I put down various papers for the backgrounds on each page, added paints and texture (monoprinting, stencilling), text stickers from K and Co, a set of focal collage images cut from a magazine, a stamped butterfly image flying from page to page (Impression Obsession), stamped wings for the front and back covers (Alpha Stamps), ColorBox ink in Black Sepia, and embossing in Kaleidoscope EP (Stampendous). This was a lot of fun to do and I really enjoyed all that paint, new techniques, and the overall look here!!

This is flying away to my partner today, I think she's gonna like it.

1 comment:

akatrix said...

Your butterfly book is lovely! I can tell you had a good time creating each page....
Lucky person who received it!
Pat