Sunday, March 29, 2009

Shades of Scarlett Conquering




Here's an ATC made using a piece from a Starbuck's gift card holder that I've had for awhile. As soon as I saw the pink and green, and that window image, I knew I could use it somewhere!!

I painted the background and added the orange dots with Pumpkin StazOn. The image of the girl is from Lisa's Altered Art and her expression is perfect for the diva stance I was going for....

The background is also layered with some stamped napkin tissue, leftovers from before. I used Sharpies and Zig brush markers to draw in the border and the dot ornaments, and printed the song excerpt on handmade paper, tore it up and glued it down.

I do believe Scarlett was quite a diva, joining up in a long (and still ongoing of course) procession.

"Out of the fire and still smoldering
She says "A woman must have everything"

Shades of Scarlett Conquering

She says "A woman must have everything"

~ Joni Mitchell, 1975


2 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Lovely Gaye and extra special with the interactive door! Joni Mitchell = lovely quote too!

Kathy said...

Just terrific Gaye! Great job!