Saturday, May 30, 2009

Connections







This is a 9" x 12" journal page I did for the Collage Play with Crowabout Flickr group. This page geeks very good to me ~ I haven't done any journalling for awhile and I sure do miss it!! Am I the only one who feels the need for days that are 30 -36 hours long, so I can do more {art, gardening, cleaning, working} ??

The photo under everything is from an awesome book that I picked up off the bargain table, called "Earth - A New Perspective", by Nicolas Cheetham (published by Quercus books, 2007). It's a collection of photographs of Earth's surface and they are colorful and abstract and textured and WONDERFUL!! Many of the photos are from sources like NASA, USGS, EROS, etc (the science geek part of me loves the technical info and the arty part of me loves the colors and shapes :). After I glued down the papers and began painting the page guided itself. I did try using the 'paint-over' technique that Lisa Bebi does - she recently posted about it on her blog. I really like the technique, I'll continue playing with this!!

I love these endless connections that we 'see' when we are open and mindful of them.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Very, very cool journal page!! Well done!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Well YES indeedy Gaye, time truly does fly! I don't know how people can say they are "bored", I can not remember a time.....so many ideas LOL
Love your journal page, eyes always speak to me. I'm off to check out Lisa's technique link...TFS! oxo

TonyaA said...

This is absolutely beautiful work!
You should be so proud!
Blessings, peace, and love,
~Tonya Ashe

Rosie said...

I definitely could use more hours in the day - especially here where things work seasonally - 3 mad months and then hopefully life will slow down a bit?
Love your journal page... and those images are fab! I cannot understand people who won't recycle books and use them in art - specially when the results are as beautiful as this! =)

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is so beautiful, I'm at a loss for words! And for talkative me, that's really something! It is wonderful beyond words!

There are so many gorgeous things on your blog I have missed while I was away from blogging! I love the pic of you and Angela Cartwright, and your banner is gorgeous! It's all so lovely! I'll have to come back when I can spend lots of time and soak in the beauty! XOXO