Tuesday, May 5, 2009

So many golden moments!!!!
















The Unique LA show this past weekend was BEYOND awesome!! I was so anxious and feeling so unprepared last week....
Then I arrived at the venue on Friday to set up my booth. The place was great and we had a terrific view of the city since we were on the Penthouse floor of the building.

I came back Saturday morning and set up my items in the booth. There were LOTS of people and I made my first sale in the first 30 minutes of the event!!!! WOOO HOOO! My hubby popped in for a surprise visit (he is the BEST) so I had a chance to look around a bit. My FRIENDS are the best, on Sunday some of them came to see me (still waiting for those pics!!). So many talented and creative people were there, it was a very energizing place to be!!

So my wrap up for the event looks like this:
  • My goals were met
  • I met many local artists and now have a way to network and connect with them :)
  • talked with and met SO MANY wonderful and creative people
  • My artwork had great exposure

  • The feedback I received was very positive

  • There is a lot of interest in my work

  • I was interviewed for a profile piece on a local arts website (OMG)

  • when asked "Are you the artist?" I cold reply with "Yes I am" (NEVER in my wildest dreams would I have ever seen this for myself!!!)

  • I sold enough to cover my rental fee!!!!

  • this experience is a major investment in my art, my practice, and my confidenc

A very FULL weekend indeed.

2 comments:

Suzan Buckner said...

WAY TO GO!! I knew you could do it!!!!!hugs!!~~me~~

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

SO exciting to read about your art fair experience....wonderful afterglow AND an interview too....you GO Girl!!!