Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sunday postcard Art Challenge ~ Numbers




I have not played in a weekly challenge since... forever ago!! So when I saw the theme of "Numbers" for this week's SPA, I had to play. I LOVE numbers, especially the number 3. My card, "The Belle of Avenoo A", doesn't have too many numbers, and not even my favorite number is here!




The main image is one I snagged from New York Public Library Digital Image Collection. This is a vintage sheet music image and I love everything about this ~ especially that it was sung 'with immense success' by Miss Blanche Ring!! So I thought about Blanche's success when I made this and her ability to command a 25 cent ticket price, a fortune in her day. Blanche is hidden under the flap so I have a photo here to show you her as well.




I hope you like my postcard and hopefully you'll have 'immense success' just as Blanche did ;)

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Really wonderful card. Love them.

Willy said...

Fabulous card. Love the idea of the flap!

Terri Kahrs said...

Looo-ve your card! And the idea of adding the flap is brilliant!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Gorgeous postcard Gaye, the lift up with your beaded dangle is a wonderful touch!!! Such fun to see you at SPA!!!

herminesplace said...

Gorgeous postcard

Anne said...

This looks great! I like how you added the flap. Wonderful design.

*jean* said...

hi gaye! i love the number 3 too! great cards, great to see you back!

Kathy said...

Just lovey! Great colors!