Friday, July 24, 2009

Buttons, buttons, where are the buttons??


This button fairy is for another swap in Trish Bee's 'Creating Chaos' group. I've wanted to make one of these for awhile and here was the perfect opportunity!! The image is from
kumareeboo.etsy.com and I added some 'sparkle' to her dress, a Prima paper rose hair accessory, and wings using a Fancy Pants flourish stamped and embossed on painted paper, then highlighted with yellow glitter glue.
The buttons and beads are all from my stash.

I really like the way she came together, and these fairies are such fun to make!! Have a couple others in progress now. Once I started making this one I got all sorts of ideas for more of them ~ one thing leads to another. Does that ever happen to any of you out there?

NOTE: Philly trip was fabulous, no art was accomplished but photos were taken! Will post as soon as I sort through and 'fix' them up a bit;)

3 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Ooo you should be very pleased with her Gaye, she's GORGEOUS, Lovely details!!!

Pearl Maple said...

Followed your link from mixed media monday and really enjoyed all the creative posts you are sharing.

TonyaA said...

This is sweet!