Thursday, July 30, 2009

(Zetti) Dog Days

"Around the Yard"
'In the Nest"

"On the Town"
Here are my Zetti cards for Marion B's swap!! Brought out my dog characters here :) The backgrounds are all results of monoprinting with acrylic paint colors I mixed - these pieces of paper were what remained of the paint after it was monoprinted onto another surface. The puppies are all from a calendar gifted to me. The NEST is from Lisa's Altered Art, and the found text pieces are from short stories by Nathaniel Hawthorne and Guy de Maupassant, respectively. The 'species' text combines 2 reference sources. All other pieces are doodles and circles I drew, paper scraps punched and cut into different shapes, and a jewel on the blue hat. Thank goodness, especially, for my Signo white pen!!! One of my favorite tools for sure.
There are many of us participating in this fun swap and you can see more of the cards ~ in addition to some beautiful posts of Marion's gorgeous art ~ by popping over to
Mariion B's bockel24 blog. Get your favorite refreshment and plan to stay for a bit :)


8 comments:

bockel24 said...

Wow, Gaye, these are very unique - love them!

thekathrynwheel said...

These are great. Very different :-)

Martina2801 said...

These are incredible, Gaye! I love everything about it.
I´m glad to play in Marion´s swap too.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your Zettis are wonderful Gaye, each and everyone so colorful and fun!
The Signo if my fav white gel pen too. I keep saying I will order different sizes of it, Love how you used yours!!!

Queen Of Toys said...

Gaye,

You are so tallented to come up with something like this, they are awesome.

Hugs Elizabeth

NANCY LEFKO said...

LOVE these cards...what fun !!!

Sabine said...

the schoolmaster has found a new home! I love this little "Zetti Dog"

thekathrynwheel said...

Gaye - I already left a comment about your lovely zettis but today I recieved one in the post. Woop woop! I love it, it's colourful, fun and very zetti :-) Thanks very much, Kate