Thursday, August 13, 2009

Domestic Goddess Journal Page


This week's elements for Collage Play with Crowabout Group are all fun retro images centered on cooking, food, cakes, etc!! I was outside myself with excitement!! I love cooking and I especially love eating!!!

I'm super pleased with my background work here, which began with collaged text on watercolor paper. Paint was added and some texturizing done with a plastic veggie bag remnant ~ which I could S-T-R-E-T-C-H for added play ;) I used one of my Tim Holtz masks (LOVE those goodies) to make the barbed wire stripes with one of my gorgeous Daler-Rowney iridescent acrylics. The diva herself is copied from a great Dover book with catalog images from Sears' catalogs of the fifties. I have used this particular woman before, I'm drawn to her for some reason....(probably because she's EATING). The chair she sits on was cut from a great sixties-style book published by DK (thanks to the bargain table for that!), which I modified with paint and Stickles Black Diamond glue. The black starry frames were made from paper I used a Martha Stewart border punch on. The borders are made from pieces I cut from Graphic 45 paper (Stunning papers, you must check these out if you haven's seen them) and additional elements from Nancy. There is green cherry lace decorative clear tape across the bottom (purchased at RetroNaNa.etsy.co). All outlining is done with a Crayola:)


Often, in all areas, simple is best.

No comments: