Monday, January 4, 2010

Metamorphosis Journal Cover


Here is the front cover for my journal, currently in process and unbound at the moment.  This is a large journal, about 9.5" x 13".  The central flowers are from a calendar and I painted over the parts I did not want to emphasize (many thanks to Lisa Bebi and her fabulous 'paint-over' technique ~ enjoy a visit with her at Lisa Bebi's blog).  I really love this paint-over technique and have found it to be so freeing.

Here's some detail... I used my Caran d'Ache crayons to add some color and definition.

The 'Peace to all who enter' image came from a catalog... I glued it to a piece of Tim Holtz' harlequin  grungeboard that had been inked and sanded.  I love the elevation this has on the cover!

The letters are stickers from Rusty Pickle, they were just the right size, color, and feel for this.

This is the inside of the front cover, all collaged and inked.  Used some art paper from a Somerset publication, scraps, and some images from K and Co paper!  Love smooshing the color around with baby wipes :)

I really like how this came together....

and this too!!

Following (and TRUSTING) my instincts a lot more these days, it's great!

Hope you are living with intent....

4 comments:

lisa bebi said...

that DID come out nicely. i'm so glad you like the paintover technique. glad it is freeing fro you - that was my purpose in developing it.

Brian K said...

Hi there! I happened upon your blog via your flicker pics! Oh I am sooo happy I stopped by! I love your journals and pages! They are soooo beautiful and amazing! I simply love your style! Please keep posting I am going to add you to my blog links on my blog!

Terri Kahrs said...

Gabrielle, your journal is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for your visit and lovely comments. Good things will be happening for you in 2010 - I, too, hope that you're published. Your work is so beautiful. Hugs, Terri

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Fabulous journal cover and inside page, you must be VERY pleased!!!
WOWEE Gaye, must go check out the link you provided, thank you dear one!
oxo