Friday, August 20, 2010

New Journal!!

Look! Look!  My very FIRST handbound journal book with SIGNATURES!!  I finished this last week actually but have been busy with some other things....LIFE in general I'd say.  The cover will be altered and added to as the pages are filled though.



YUMMY blank pages made of Fabriano 140 lb watercolor paper ~ DELISH




4 signatures!!


Yesterday was my first opportunity to play in this book, and I sure have missed journalling over the past few weeks.  I had some scrapbook paper laying around that I had covered with gesso, so I began CHANGING that ~



with some stamping and embossing



then adding color with these oil pastels, schmearing with my fingers, and finishing with a baby wipe.



Mixed media art is so attractive to me vecause I can begin with the paper above and end up with THIS.



And a fish is born!! With beautiful pink lips, definitely influenced by PJ's Beautiful Folk Art.  Background is painted, stamped, collaged, chalked, and detail bubbles added with paint and gel pens.  Oh yes, and some stickles sparkle too ;)

I LOVE the film 'Finding Nemo' and use the advice from Dory all the time.... no matter what, JUST KEEP SWIMMING !!

1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

just keep swimming is sound advice for everyone!

it is amazing what you've created with layers and colors ... WOWEE wonderful Gaye!

Love your handmade journal ... that is so special!
oxo