Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let the Dia de los Muertos fun begin!!!

I made quite a few ATC's today, all inspired by Dia de los Muertos.

La Muerte Verde
text, Twinkling H2O paints, fiber paper,stamp, sequins, ink


La Bella Calavera
Background done using part of an embossed invitation colored with Pan Pastels


Pensando de mi Madre
Pan Pastel background on embossed invitation cardstock



Para mi Hermano
thinking of my brother Jay who recently passed away ~ this card will be incorporated into an ofrenda to display in my classroom.  We run a total theme of Dia de los Muertos in my Art classes.


Baile de los Calaveras
I love the 'cracks' in the corners - thanks to a Martha Stewart punch
Another Pan Pastel background :)

Muchas gracias para visitar a la Salon de Paris!!

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Sorry to hear about your brother Gaye... =( But, I do love Dia de los Muertos and you have certainly rocked it with those ATCs. Good for you!! xx

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

through your grief and loss you will touch many and already have ... kids, especially in the US need a good rounded view of how there is an end to life ... OK I feel like I am stumbling with words ... the view sometimes that death is failure in this country is where I am coming from ... Jay will be looking down and smiling I am sure!
oxo

Shona Cole said...

that is a whole lot of creativity, that is a good thing for everyone.