Sunday, April 29, 2012

Photo Response Project

I have been in a rut!! An art rut, ruled by fear.  Yuck. I'm climbing out though. 


I joined  The Photo Response project at the Brooklyn Art Library.  The size requirement is 4" x 6".  


I began with gesso, acrylic paint, and Neo crayons.  No brushes required, just used my fingers.




Here is the finished piece, I'm pleased with this.  The response is to photo #2, a body of water.  Still no brushes used!! More Neo crayons, acrylic ink and a dip pen.  The remaining 2 grids above are in process to becoming new creatures, I'll post when they are done.

Thank you all so much for stopping by  :)

Peace.

2 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

no more rut for you dear Gaye!

Love the idea of using your fingers and really feeling what you're creating...I am so drawn to the blues and underwater...turned out great!
oxo

Ashley said...

Wow, these are really cool. I love the the bold colours in the top piece, and then the soft colours in the second