Friday, July 13, 2012

Collections

I'm reorganizing and de-stashing the Salon.  Need more space there because I want a floor easel, as I have some larger sized canvases which I'm eager to cover.

It's hard to let go of some of stuff though.  I know i'm not the only one who feels this way.  So today I picked up my camera and started photographing some of my collections.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.


We'll begin with these rose petals.  We have 24 bushes.  I can't bear to say good bye to any of these beauties.

So they stay with me, in various displays throughout the house.  Seeing them makes me smile, especially in winter.  You've all heard about our terrible winters here in southern Cali, right?


I was in the kitchen and saw my mugs.  Lots and lots and lots of mugs.  Special memories.


Happy.  Sad.  Bittersweet.  Funny!!  Friends.  Family.  The collection spans more than 40 years.


Everytime I pour my coffee or brew my tea in one of these, it always tastes better.


Then there are the books.....


Lots and lots of them.  There are still boxes in the garage.  And, over the years, the collection is regularly re-evaluated, thinned, and donated.



There are too many things to see and learn.


Too much beauty and wisdom.


I have a curious mind.  Always have.


My houseplants are dear to me.


Growing.  


Thriving.


Bringing a sense of nature


and beauty


and sweet simplicity


to our home.


















1 comment:

~*~Patty S said...

ah it seems to be the lament of many of us...how to let go of stuff and live more simply
truth is I LIKE my stuff...it's only when others step in the door that I think OH MY!

Love your photos and your stuff Gaye!
oxo