Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Empowerment

...is the theme for iHanna's Autumn Postcard Swap.  When I saw the theme, coupled with being organized by the wonderfully talented and generous Hanna, I joined up.  I have not participated in a swap in sooooo long!!

We are swapping 5 postcards, each one handmade.  Decisions, decisions - do i make the same card 5 times, or make 5 original cards?  Hmmmm. What to do.....

After creating a collage background and laying down a layer of paint, I began drawing faces.  Five slightly different faces emerged. The decision made itself apparent.  I am having tremendous fun with drawing and painting these faces.  So i played around with the cards and here is what I came up with.  I hope the recipients enjoy them as much as I had the fun of creating them.














Sorry about the fuzziness of the last photo, trying to get the picture before the last bit of daylight.  I experimented a lot with the last one....I hope the recipient is okay with the results!!

All cards are original drawings colored with Neo II water soluble crayons, Sharpie marker, and India Ink.

Empowerment is a fabulous theme and came along for me at a time when I have found it necessary to become more grounded spiritually, and to love myself more intentionally.

Thank you, hang, for the opportunity to participate, create, share, and grow with like minded women.  I'm very excited to receive my cards!!

7 comments:

juicy*s said...

These are very creative and expressive! I love your colors and the faces have such character!

iHanna said...

Fun and awesome cards, and so glad you liked the theme too. I'm like you, needing some empowerment right now. Waiting (not so) patiently for my cards right now...

:-)

Cynthia Eloise Starr said...

cute cards, looks like they were fun to create.

La Datcha said...

I love those big eyed characters!

amy said...

Thank you, I received your card today--the first one to arrive! And it was the last one you show, the one you experimented with, and yes, I like it very much. Thank you!!

Andria said...

These are sweet...I enjoy your collage style!

ACreativeDreamer said...

I came to check you out... I do that every so often with the folks who follow my blog... I love your work! So bright and fun... just love all the color!