Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone! I hope all of you had wonderful winter holidays and are entering the new year with greater energy, bigger dreams, and plans to achieve those dreams.

My blogging and art journey began in 2008. I can hardly believe I am typing that!! Over the past 5 years my circumstances have not changed a lot, with the exception of my day job. Like so many others in this state (California) and country, work has been quite bumpy.  I am grateful to be employed, and I enjoy working with my students {I am a science teacher for middle and senior high school}. Getting along with the adults around me has become increasingly difficult, for many reasons.  Unfortunately I have allowed these external bumps to dominate other aspects of my life.

Recent events regarding my work have forced me to CHANGE my perspective - and my choice of actions - in order to be true to my internal compass.  I don't want to say I LOST my soul, but I did not LISTEN to my soul. A very bad choice for me.  Not recommended!!

I'm so glad you are here, and you are taking the time to read this.  I have many art ideas simmering, all at different stages of readiness.  So I will be blogging again as well as connecting elsewhere - FB, twitter, etc. When I began blogging I connected with so many wonderful people and I long for that connection again. 

Many have selected a word for the year, and I have done the same for the past couple of years.  Then I promptly lost sight of that word.  My word for this year is CONSTRUCT:

                               

con·struct

  [kuh n-struhktkon-struhkt]  Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1.
to build or form by putting together parts; frame; devise.
2.
Geometry to draw (a figure) fulfilling certain given conditions.
noun
3.
something constructed.
4.
an imageidea, or theory, especially a complex one formedfrom a number of simpler elements.


The definitions are courtesy of http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/construct.  Used as both a noun and a verb, construct is descriptive for my internal and external processes.

Looking forward to a very constructive time with you!

{hugs}












No comments: